donderdag 23 december 2010

Wallander


You know what I really want to do? Get myself a cup of tea, some nice chocolates to go with it and watch my favorite crime serie on DVD in bed! While evebody is freaking out about their Christmas dinner, outfit, guests, etc; I just want to lose myself in this fantastic Swedish crime serie (luckily I still have season 4 to go).

Let me tell you some more about Wallander, the police inspector of Ystad.This Swedish film series based on original stories by Henning Mankell, are Scandinavian crime at its best – realistic, gripping and illuminating the dark corners of modern society.
Mankell's compelling books about the idealistic police inspector - who is even more miserable than Morse - have sold more than 30 million copies in 43 different languages. And now there is a tv serie about him.
The popularity of the character has turned the small Swedish town of Ystad into one of the country's top tourist attractions and many British and American visitors are joining the queue to visit murder scenes and immerse themseleves in the bleak landscape made famous on screen.

Wallander is an intense and headstrong character who is prone to eating poorly, sleeping irregularly and drinking too much. With his unorthodox methods of working and his blunt approach, Wallander has already won my heart. Can't wait to put on my DVD and "disappear"!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten